When I was little, (like single digit age) I was gifted a makeup box on one of my birthdays, I think it was my 6th birthday. Now, now, I wasn't a Honey Boo Boo and don't cry child abuse just yet! I was gifted a plastic makeup box, with plastic makeup. And while I was old enough to know that the pretty plastic lipstick that was realistic enough looking in a way that it did twist up and stuff, it wouldn't magically transfer any pink colour to my lips, it still disappointed me a little when it dint.
Cut to my teenage years. I had this blush stick that a cousin got for me, and it was a pretty stubby twist up thingy. Now I adored it, mainly because it din't transfer much colour to my cheeks. It was hard and un-blend-able.
So after those 2 experiences that are pretty much etched in my mind, the Maybelline BB stick just reminded me of a younger me, being disappointed with cutesy products that were hard and difficult to blend. But hey! I'm a beauty blogger, and I am supposed to make things work, Yes? So the challenge was accepted!
The best part about this experience though, was that it wasn't much of a challenge! Heck, it wasn't a challenge at all!
Flawless, radiant skin + 12hr shine control + 8 benefits in just 1 step!
1. Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
2. Contains Salicylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
3. Provides a soft, matte and radiant finish.
4. Sweat-resistant and sebum – resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
5. Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
6. Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
7. Instantly evens skin tone.
8. Provides a power-light feel on skin.
Okay, so let me start with saying that this was nothing like any of my previous experiences. I was almost shocked at how smooth and easily it went on to my (combination dry) skin.
- Because I have dry combination skin, I wear it on my moisturiser and it went on really smooth, like a (stiff and sturdy) butter stick melting when in contact with the heat of my skin.
- I did wear it as it is once, without moisturiser, and even though it did go on smoothly on my skin and blended quite easily, the process for me was definitely better when used on pre moisturised skin. If you have oily skin, you might not need to moisturise separately. It wasn't as comfortable to wear without moisturiser either, because the dryness of my skin came to bite me. And this just sat on top of the dry patches on my skin, almost highlighting them.
- For something in a solid state, it is extremely light weight.
- I love that it practically melts into your skin and doesn't sit atop. So it feels quite naturally polished
- I've used the Maybelline BB cream only once, so I can't really compare these 2, But this is definitely something girls with normal- oily skin will like better than the Maybelline BB cream.
- Coverage wise, I think it's fantastic. Again, not much to compare it with, but I do have a lot of red marks/ scarring on my cheeks, which was considerably evened out, if not entirely concealed. So obviously, it does even out your skintone.
- My pores did seem to be minimized.
- It's definitely sweat resistant, I can say this because I forgot that I had it on my face and splashed water on my face a couple of times before remembering, and it hadn't budged. Nothing in my hands, when I rubbed it either. It does come off easily with facewash though.
- I wore it at around 3 pm and only when I washed my face that night at around 11:30 pm did it come off entirely. It did fade a little after 7, 7:30 pm though (that's around 4-4.5 hours of wear when not set with powder). If I would have set it with powder, I'm sure it would have lasted all fresh, longer.
- It is slightly transferable. It did transfer onto my phone. But it's nothing some powdering cant take care of.
- My skin's texture did feel quite smooth after I wore this.
Seems pretty great right? Yes! But then there's this huge problem. The shade. The problem is there are just 2 shades. Radiance and Fawn (the darker one). I have fawn, and honestly, I though that'd be a better match than Radiance (which I'm sure would be too light for my medium skin tone).
BEFORE Freshly washed face.
|I'm not this fair, it's the white light. But after I washed the product off my face at night, I did feel fairer than this!|
As seen in the video, I drew lines across my face, like that for a camouflage. My little cousin was home and she told me that I looked like a tiger when I did this, btw. So don't do this in front of kids, because they might say things that could possibly scar you for life.
|Sorry for the rubbish picture quality.|
AFTER With flash.
Priced at Rs 250, this is an absolutely brilliant product, if you can actually find your match in either one of the two shades Maybelline has to offer.
ps: product sent by brand